Samsung has presented at the IFA 2013 fair one of the most anticipated devices, the Samsung Galaxy Gear. It is the first Samsung smart watch that seek to make competition to others, as with the Pebble or which already have Sony in the market for quite some time.
– 1.63 inch SuperAMOLED touch screen with resolution of 320 x 320 pixels.
– Single processor at 800 MHz.
– 512 MB of RAM and 4 GB of internal storage without chance of expansion.
– 1.9 megapixel camera located on rubber bracelet. You will be able to take low resolution photos and record video at 720p. It has backlit and Auto Focus sensor.
– Connectivity: Bluetooth, accelerometer, gyroscope, etc.
– Other: Android operating system, speaker and two microphones with noise cancellation.
One of the aspects that most will give that talk will be battery (315 mAh and not interchangeable). Apparently it will not last more than one day, and that in the case of a watch, to more than one, they won’t want to have to charge it every day. Another aspect to highlight is its thickness, because it has up to 1 cm width.
Price and availability
Samsung Galaxy Gear has an aluminum body with a stylish belt in plastic, like we can see in other normal clocks. It will come in 6 different colors and with a price that is not yet known, although we hope is not very high.